WHAT TO LOOK OUT FOR
Loss prevention experts agree that there are certain traits to look for in potential shoplifters. They may appear nervous or avoid eye contact. Additionally, they may focus on areas that are unmonitored by staff or they may keep track of employee movement. Be sure to train your employees so they know exactly what to look for.
Employees should follow these retail loss prevention techniques:
- Display appropriate “Shoplifters will be prosecuted” signage
- Greet every customer who walks in the door
- Install security mirrors for more secluded areas or areas with higher shelving
- Discuss suspicious persons with other nearby shops
- Keep your store clean and organized so you can better keep track of inventory
- Contact security, if possible, when they suspect a shoplifter
ADDING A RETAIL SECURITY SYSTEMOne of the best ways to prevent theft in your retail shop is to have a retail security system installed which can thwart thieves before they even attempt to steal. Secure Pacific can help maximize the protection of your merchandise and safety of employees.
Below are just some of the ways Secure Pacific can help:
- Provide the ability to view live surveillance video of what is going on at your store with your computer or smartphone, at any time.
- Intrusion detection systems to help keep your inventory safe and secure.