• Before you pick a new apartment to live in, check out the neighborhood ahead of time. RAIDS Online connects law enforcement with the community to reduce crime and improve public safety. The website helps the public get a better idea of the crime activity in their area so they can make more informed decisions about how to stay safe.
• Make sure the locks are changed from the person who lived in the unit before you. You never know who might have access to those keys if the lock is never changed.
• Add automated lighting to your apartment so it looks like you’re home, even if you aren’t.
• If there is no chain lock for the door, add one.
• If you have sliding windows (even if you’re not on the first floor), add dowel rods so they can’t easily slide open.
• Contact Secure Pacific to learn more about our residential security systems and for a free security assessment.
Click the infographic to expand.