Being a first-time home buyer is an incredibly exciting yet equally scary endeavor. With such a big purchase it’s important to start thinking about security, if you haven’t already. Below are five security tips to help better secure your new home.
1. Spend time researching security companies to help you decide on the appropriate system for your home. Having a security system can help keep you and your personal belongings safe. Secure Pacific provides verified security to help give you peace of mind. Our Verification Center is always available and continuously looking out for you and your home.
2. Avoid leaving a spare key in a “hidden” spot like under the door mat or under a rock. Burglars have caught on to these hiding spots. You’re better off giving a trusted neighbor a spare. Be sure to get to know your neighbors as well as they can keep an eye on your house while you’re on vacation or away.
3. Unless you are the first to live there, change your locks. This will ensure you are the only one with keys to your home and further protect your new purchase.
4. Invest in motion detected lighting which will easily deter burglars when it’s dark out. They will also be beneficial to you should you come home when it’s dark outside. Motion detected lights are also inexpensive and easy to install.
5. Inspect door locks and windows to make sure they are sturdy as well as for any cracks or repairs. Strong windows and doors will help deter burglars.